Theory: La Pasiega Cave and the Milky Way
Spanish Paleolithic Cave Art(Added Milky Way photo. Line points to Galactic Center.)
Here’s my theory: In Spain’s La Pasiega Cave there is a painting of a horse and a bison facing each other. There are images in the Milky Way that look like the figures in the cave painting. I think the cave figures may be the Milky Way images.
Cave Figures/Horse and Bison
The horse and bison figures are in the Cave of La Pasiega in northern Spain (Puente Viesgo/Cantabria). The figures are painted in red and may be from about 14,000 BCE.
Milky Way Images
Where to look: The Pipe Nebula is one of the horse’s legs (see sketch).
1) La Pasiega is in a group of caves that includes El Castillo, Las Monedas, and Las Chimeneas.
2) There are many different markings in the Cave of La Pasiega.
3) In Spanish: Cueva de La Pasiega.
1) There is a marking above the bison cave figure. It is also in red. Perhaps this marking represents a Milky Way image in this area. (One of the Milky Way images in the area of the marking looks like a bison-man. Part of the bison-man Milky Way image can be seen in the top right corner of the photo above.)
2) (The horse/bison Milky Way images may explain other horse/bison cave figures.)
July 2, 2016/Lynn T.
Copyright © 2015-2020 LT. All Rights Reserved. Views expressed on any linked external websites may not be my views. **ESO photos are the property of their respective owners. This Blog is not associated with any ESO photos, including but not limited to, any links or websites.