Theory: La Pasiega Cave and the Milky Way
Spanish Cave Art
July 2, 2016/Lynn T.
Here’s my theory: In Spain’s La Pasiega Cave there is a painting of a horse and a bison facing each other. There are images in the Milky Way that look like the figures in the cave painting. I think the cave figures may be the Milky Way images.
Cave Figures/Horse and Bison
The horse and bison figures are in the Cave of La Pasiega in northern Spain (Puente Viesgo/Cantabria). The figures are painted in red and may be from about 14,000 BCE.
Milky Way Images
Where to look: The Pipe Nebula is one of the horse’s legs (see sketch).
1) La Pasiega is in a group of caves that includes El Castillo, Las Monedas, and Las Chimeneas.
2) There are many different markings in the Cave of La Pasiega.
3) In Spanish: Cueva de La Pasiega.
1) There is a marking above the bison cave figure. It is also in red. Perhaps this marking represents a Milky Way image in this area.
(Added sketch of cave marking.) (One of the Milky Way images in the area of the marking looks like a bison-man. Part of the bison-man Milky Way image can be seen in the top right corner of the photo above.)
2) (The horse/bison Milky Way images may explain other horse/bison cave figures.)
For more cave art/rock art and the Milky Way theories click here.
Copyright © 2015-2019 LT. All Rights Reserved.
Views expressed on any linked external websites may not be my views.
**ESO photos are the property of their respective owners. This Blog is not associated with (including but not limited to) any ESO photos, links, or websites.
This Blog is not associated with any advertising.